Wednesday 18 April 2012

A.I.M


A.I.M. (Advanced Idea Mechanics) is an organization of brilliant scientists and their hirelings dedicated to the acquisition of power and the overthrow of all government by technological means. A.I.M. was organized during World War II as the scientific research division of the subversive military organization Hydra. In the late 1960’s A.I.M. seceded from Hydra because of political differences and began independent operations. A.I.M. first came to public attention when it was incorporated as an international cartel dealing with the development and marketing of new technological products. It supplied hardware and weapons to governmental and quasi-governmental agencies. Some time after this Colonel Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D exposed A.I.M. to be a subversive organization. Since then, all of A.I.M.’s activities have been covert.

A.I.M. has been involved in the creation of three major instruments of deadly potential. The first is the Super-Adaptoid, an android capable of duplicating any super power (Project: Them). The second instrument was the Cosmic Cube, an unimaginably powerful object capable of restructuring reality itself. A.I.M. manufactured the containing device the cube  reality-rending energy itself.

The third major achievement of A.I.M. is the creation of M.O.D.O.K. (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing), an artificially mutated human being with an enormous head and a stunted body possessing superhuman intelligence and the ability to generate mental energy bolts and forcefields. M.O.D.O.K. was originally an ordinary A.I.M. member who was selected by A.I.M.’s Scientist Supreme to be the subject of a mutation experiment. After being transformed, M.O.D.O.K. slew the Scientist Supreme and became the new leader of A.I.M., a position he has held ever since. A.I.M. has stagnated and has created no truly impressive weapon or launched any major attack on any nation.

There still exist a splinter group of A.I.M. agents who escaped being taken over by M.O.D.O.K. Unlike M.O.D.O.K.’s agents who are all clad in yellow; this renegade section of A.I.M. is clad in blue. The two factions have clashed on occasion, with M.O.D.O.K.’s group proving superior.

M.O.D.O.K. was later killed by Anaconda
, Cottonmouth and Death Adder. Anaconda took his body back to A.I.M. for the reward they were promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment